Aadhaar PAN Link : This is required for every Indian who are in possession of both a genuine PAN and Aadhar Number. Individuals who possess both a PAN card and an Aadhar card are required to connect the two in order to comply with a recent announcement made by the Income Tax Department, which was made public by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). The procedure for linking your PAN and Aadhar cards is quite easy to complete, and if you complete it before the specified cut-off date, you won’t have to pay any fees associated with the procedure.
The department that, on the specified day, connected Aadhaar with PAN has placed a great deal of attention on the relationship between the two. The returns that individuals have submitted may be readily traced with the use of the Aadhar Card, and issues involving numerous PAN cards can also be rectified within a certain amount of time. Users who are registered as well as users who are not registered have the ability to connect their PAN and Aadhaar numbers in order to circumvent problems with refunds. The electronic filing procedure is going to be carried out in two stages: before and after the user logs in.
Aadhaar Pan Link 2023
The deadline for completing the PAN Aadhar connection procedure has been moved from the 31st of March 2023 to the 30th of June 2023 by the board. If anyone make an application to connect their PAN with an Aadhar Card on the government website after this date, then now they will be required to pay a late charge of Rs 1,000 in addition to the normal price. You will find a list of all of the procedures and actions required to connect a PAN card with an Aadhar card online below. You are required to follow these steps in order to complete this process in a timely manner.
www.incometax.gov.in Aadhaar Pan Link Overview
|Address Proof IDs||Aadhaar Card and PAN Card|
|Applicable To||All Indian Citizens|
|Initiated By||Government of India|
|Aadhaar-PAN Link Deadline||30 June 2023 (OUT)|
|Charges (If Deadline Not Met)||Rs. 1,000/- (From 1 July 2023)|
|Official Website (PAN)||https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in|
|Official Website (Aadhaar)||https://www.uidai.gov.in|
|Linking Mode||Online and Offline|
Aadhaar PAN Link Mandatory or Not ?
By the 30th of June in 2023, the CBDT has made it a requirement for everyone to have their Aadhaar linked to their PAN. The original deadline of the 30th of March 2023 had been moved to the 30th of June 2023, and the department had issued a deadline to all of those individuals to complete this procedure; otherwise, all of those persons are accountable for all repercussions outlined in the Act due to this negligence.
Aadhaar PAN Link – Implications For Not Linking
Following are the implications that you need to know if you haven’t linked your PAN card and Aadhaar card yet:-
- If the individual attempts to submit their return using an invalid PAN, they will be unsuccessful.
- Returns that are still pending are not going to be handled.
- This is not even possible to offer a refund for an inactive PAN that is currently being processed.
- After the PAN has been disabled, the action that was supposed to be taken in the event of a faulty return cannot be completed.
- Because the PAN is about to be rendered obsolete, the tax will be withheld at a larger percentage.
Aadhaar PAN Link Importance
What is the penalty for Not Linking PAN-Aadhaar Card ?
The Government of India had made it mandatory to link the Permanent Account Number (PAN) with the Aadhaar card. Failure to link the PAN with Aadhaar within the specified period rendered the PAN invalid, meaning it could not be used for financial transactions. If you do not link Pan with Aadhaar at the given time then you have to pay a penalty of Rs 1,000.
However, please note that taxes and government regulations may change over time. It is advisable to visit the official websites of the Income Tax Department or consult a tax professional for accurate and up-to-date details of PAN-related penalties along with Aadhaar. They can provide you with the latest information and guidance on specific compliance consequences.
How To Check Aadhaar Pan Link Status Online ?
Following are some of the steps that you need to check the linking of both the Aadhaar and PAN cards to avoid any implications or charges:
- To begin, you will need to go to the Official Website of Taxes e-Filing Portal.
- Under Quick Links heading, click on link Aadhaar Status option.
- After that, you will be required to fill in the supplied part with the correct numbers for both your Aadhar card and your PAN and click on the “View Link Aadhaar Status” button.
- A pop-up window will display the phrase “already linked” if your Aadhar Card and PAN Number are linked to one another.
- In such a case, they would indicate that the two are not linked and provide you the opportunity to connect your Aadhar number with your PAN card.
How To Link Aadhaar Card With Pan Card Online 2023 ?
Following are the steps to link your Aadhaar and PAN cards before the deadline date and time to avoid penalties:
- To begin, you will be required to enter your credentials into the online e-Filing Portal.
- After that, you will be prompted to select the option to link your Aadhaar number to your PAN.
- Now enter both your Permanent Account Number (PAN) and your Aadhar Card Number and click on Validate option.
- Your One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the registered cellphone number that is associated with your Aadhaar and PAN numbers shortly.
- After the OTP has been verified, the site will send the information to UIDAI so that it may be verified.
- In the near future, you will be able to check the status of your PAN Aadhar Link online by following the instructions listed above.
Frequently Asked Questions – Aadhaar PAN Link
You may check the status of your PAN Card’s link to your Aadhar Card by following the steps outlined on the e-Filing Portal.
The last date to link Aadhaar and PAN card was 30th June 2023.
www.incometax.gov.in is the official website to link PAN with Aadhar card .
No documents are necessary to link your PAN with Aadhaar card. You must know your Aadhaar number and PAN number before sending the request to link PAN with Aadhaar card.
If anyone make an application to connect their PAN with an Aadhar Card on the government website after the due date, then they will be required to pay a late charge of Rs 1,000 in addition to the normal price.