Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students 2023-24 : The Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students is a program that the Tata Education and Development Trust has launched to help students for their undergraduate engineering studies at Cornell University. Every year, up to twenty scholarships for engineering study abroad are given to young, qualified, and meritorious students.
The Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students 2023 application period is open till 30th November, 2023. This Ratan Tata Scholarship was established in 1919 with a capital investment of Rs. 8 million. It has aided numerous aspiring engineers. You can go on the official portal www.tatatrusts.org for more details.
Today in this article we will discuss about Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students 2023-24 including its eligibility, application process, benefits, etc.. So stay connected with us and read the whole article till the end.
Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students 2023-24
The renowned industrialist Ratan Naval Tata launched the Ratan Tata Scholarship program 2023 to provide financial aid to Indian students who wish to pursue further education in the US or the UK. There are numerous additional universities all over the world that are affiliated with this Ratan Tata Scholarship 2023. Cornell University is one of the notable sponsors as well.
Naval Ratan Tata is a former chairman of Tata Sons and an industrialist, businessman, and philanthropist from India. He also received the Padma Vibhushan and Padma Bhushan, two of the highest civilian honors. Ratan Naval Tata is renowned for his philanthropy and ethical business practices.
The Tata Education and Development Trust’s Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students offer financial aid to students wishing to enroll in an undergraduate engineering program at Cornell University. The scholarship strives to realize the aspirations of deserving young people to pursue their studies overseas.
Every year, up to 20 scholarships are given to outstanding students. One of the scholarship’s notable supporters is Cornell University. The previously stated deadline is a guideline and is subject to change.
TATA SCHOLARSHIP 2023-24 : AN OVERVIEW
|Providing scholarship to the students
|30 November, 2023
|Number of selected students
Eligibility Criteria Tata Scholarship 2023-24
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen or enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate program at Cornell University, New York.
- He / She must be attending senior secondary school in India.
- The candidate must be eligible for need-based financial aid.
- The scholarship is applicable to all undergraduate courses offered by Cornell University.
- Applicant must have a good academic record.
- Preference is given to qualified students enrolled in the College of Architecture, Art and Planning; College of Engineering; Applied Economics and Management major at Cornell SC Johnson College of Business; and major degrees in the Colleges of Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Hard Sciences, and Social Sciences.
www.tatatrusts.org SCHOLARSHIP BENEFITS
- Each year, twenty scholarships are given to qualified students.
- The tata trusts scholarship payment is made according to the candidate’s financial need and may be applied to tuition fees.
- The students receive a RATAN TATA SCHOLARSHIP each year, which covers the cost of attendance for the whole program.
- The scholarship grant will offered for 8 semesters for a 5-year program in architecture with a total of 10 semesters.
- Due to a dual degree or dual major, no additional money is available.
- The RATAN TATA SCHOLARSHIP does not cover living expenses, lodging, airfare, travel costs, spousal care, child care, health insurance, application fees, or any other fees.
Courses covered under the Ratan TATA Scholarship
The Ratan Tata Scholarship for engineering students is applicable to all the graduate courses offered by Cornell University.
- Bachelor of Electronics and Computer Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Chemistry.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineer.
- Bachelor of Science in Environment Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management.
- Bachelor of science in computer science.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry.
- Bachelor in Economics.
Documents required for RATAN TATA SCHOLARSHIP
- Complete College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile of the Candidate
- Academic certificate
- Funding document
- financial certificate
Ratan Tata Scholarship Amount Details
The Tata Education and Development Trust has established a $25 million endowment allowing Cornell University to provide financial assistance to 20 undergraduate scholars from India at any given time.
- The Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students is awarded annually to students.
- The scholarship amount can only used towards tuition fees.
- The five-year program in Architecture requires 10 semesters of full-time Enrolment, funding is provided up to 8 semesters only.
- In the case of extra semesters due to dual degrees or double majors, funding is not available.
How to apply for Ratan Tata Scholarship 2023 ?
- To be able to apply for the RATAN TATA SCHOLARSHIP the applicant must have completed an admission application for an undergraduate engineering program.
- A candidate must register for financial aid at Cornell University when applying for a course at Cornell University.
- If the applicant does not register for financial aid at the time of applying for a course at Cornell University, he/she will not be eligible to apply for a scholarship at any point during the course.
- Applicant must meet the College Scholarship Service (CSS).
- 2098 is the CSS code of Cornell University.
- The CSS Profile shows a clear picture of the applicant’s financial needs to the respective colleges/universities and helps them decide the amount required to make their education affordable.
- The Financial Aid Office may request additional information such as study plans, academic records, funding documents, financial documents, and scholarship essays.
Selection Procedure for TATA Scholarship 2023-24
The selection process for Ratan Tata Scholarships is largely based on the applications submitted by the candidate. Selection committee evaluate the application closely and shortlist the best from the lot. The next round is a telephonic interview with the candidate followed by an online personal interview with the subject matter specialist.
How to Renew your Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students ?
The renewing criteria for the Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students, applicable to students who are already benefiting from it, are outlined below:
- A deadline is specified to ensure that candidates receive timely notifications regarding their eligibility for financial assistance.
- This allows them to plan appropriately for tuition billing and payment cycles.
- If the candidates submitted their application materials after the deadline,
- Their eligibility for university grant aid is reduced by $500, by a matching increase in the loan amount.
- For each additional month the application is delayed beyond the deadline, an additional $500 reduction in university grant aid will imposed.
FAQ’s : Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students 2023-24
Both bachelor’s or master’s of engineering can apply for the Tata Scholarship 2023.
You can apply from the official portal or from the steps given above.
The deadline for scholarship is 30th Nov, 2023.
Total income will equal to Rs 4 Lakh or less than 4,00,000 Annually.